1. What We Collect and How We Use It
When you visit the Website, you are not required to actively provide any information, but we may collect some of your Personal Data and Navigation Information, as set out in Section 1.4 below. We collect some Personal Data, and we may collect some Navigation Information, when you contact us via the Website chat function, sign up to download or receive information from us, or sign up to use our Products. Some information is collected via the Website using cookies. See our Cookies Policy.
1.2 StorifyMe Products
We may collect Personal Data and Navigation Information from Users of our Products to help us provide, administer, and improve our Products. In order to use the Products, you will need to provide your full name and email address to us. To make changes to the permissions you give us, please visit your StorifyMe User profile.
1.3 StorifyMe Experiences
We may collect Navigation Information from Visitors of StorifyMe Experiences to provide usage insights.
1.4 Collected Data
“Personal Data” refers to any information that can be used to identify you personally. For our purposes, this may include your (first and last) name, email address, User ID, company name, address, phone number and information about you that is publicly available online via sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google, data you write in a contact form, your project role, your uploads, your preferences and your account settings.
“Navigation Information” refers to information about your computer, device, visits to the Website, and use of the Products. For our purposes, this includes which website you visited prior to visiting us or which link or campaign you clicked on to reach our website, your IP address, geographical location (city and/or country), browser type and version, ISP information, referral source, length of visits, pages viewed, language preferences and heat mapping.
In some cases Navigation Information may also be Personal Data.
Generally, we may use your Personal Data and Navigation Information for the following purposes:
- Personalizing the Website for the legitimate purpose of improving your browsing experience. We retain Personal Data processed for this purpose until your browsing session with us has ended or until such time as you no longer have a profile with us;
- Managing your StorifyMe account in performance of our agreement. We retain Personal Data processed for this purpose until we receive an actionable request to delete a User’s Personal Data, or in the case of termination or expiration of our agreement with a customer, we delete Personal Data as agreed in the Terms;
- Understanding User preferences for the legitimate purpose of improving our Products. We may retain Personal Data processed for this purpose until you withdraw your consent;
- Linking your information to learn your preferences and those of people like you for the legitimate purpose of improving our offerings. We may retain Personal Data processed for this purpose until you withdraw your consent; and
- Contacting you for direct marketing purposes. We may retain Personal Data processed for this purpose until you withdraw your consent.
1.5 Supporting Suppliers
The Website and Products integrate some services provided by third parties. We may share some of your information with these suppliers so they can provide their services, including payment processing, removing repetitive information from prospect lists, analyzing data, marketing support, customer and/or User profiling, business development, and customer service.
To ensure that your Personal Data is collected, processed, used, stored, and transferred securely and in accordance with applicable law, StorifyMe uses third parties that provide sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your information. For such third parties that may transfer Personal Data outside the European Economic Area, StorifyMe confirms that it implements appropriate safeguards for such transfers (e.g. EU Standard Contractual Clauses, and binding corporate rules).
Please note, the terms and privacy policies of such third parties may apply to you as well, in particular: Google Analytics, Intercom, Google Tag Manager, Google Recaptcha, Hotjar, Stripe. Your acceptance of applicable third party terms is required to access the Website and Products.
Disclaimer: This overview of supporting suppliers provides a current view. StorifyMe strives to keep this list as up to date as reasonably possible.
1.6 Third-Party Websites
The Website and Products may contain links to third party websites. Such links do not amount to an endorsement of such other websites. StorifyMe is not responsible for other websites.
1.7 Social Media Buttons
On our Website we use the social media plug-ins from Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Vimeo, and YouTube, each marked with its logo. Plug-ins are also used for the embedded video players on our Website. We have implemented these plug-ins using a two-click solution. When you surf on our Website, no information is initially collected by social media plug-ins. if you click on one of the plug-ins or videos will your information be transmitted. When you activate a plug-in, data is automatically transmitted to that provider. These social media platforms have their own data privacy policies.
1.8 Customer Testimonials
We publish customer testimonials on the Website or in other marketing materials which may contain some Personal Data. StorifyMe obtains consent from the customer and the featured individuals prior to publication. This consent may be withdrawn by email to email@example.com.
1.9 Information of Children
The Website and Products are for business use and are not intended for or targeted toward children under 16 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect any information about Children. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor the internet usage of their Children and ensure they do not provide personal information to StorifyMe. If you believe that we have collected information about Children, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can delete the information.
1.10 We Do Not Sell Personal Data
We do not sell your Personal Data.
2. Personal Data Retention and Security
2.1 Retention of Personal Data
We retain Personal Data for as long as we reasonably consider it to be necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, after which time we will delete the information. You can request deletion of your Personal Data as described in Section 3 below.
2.2 Security of Personal Data
Data security is a matter of critical importance. StorifyMe uses a wide range of security measures to safeguard your data against unauthorized access and disclosure and we continually evaluate our security program to ensure its effectiveness. Amazon Web Services provides our servers and maintains them in high-security controlled environments pursuant to the AWS Cloud Security policy.
2.3 Transfer of Personal Data
As an international company with customers and Users worldwide, we may transfer and access Personal Data around the world, including to and from the United States. To comply with applicable law, we maintain strong data protection and privacy controls to protect your Personal Data during cross-border and international transfers, as well as during periods of storage in foreign countries (e.g. EU Standard Contractual Clauses, and binding corporate rules).
2.4 Required Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may use or disclose your Personal Data if we reasonably determine that such use or disclosure is necessary to (a) protect our rights, operations, or Users; (b) comply with applicable laws, a valid court order, or other legal process; or (c) otherwise perform our contractual obligations with our customers.
We may transfer the data we control, including Personal Data, in the event of a company reorganization, merger, or sale.
3. Your Data and Your Rights
As a general matter, depending on local data protection laws, you have rights that may include:
- Clear information on our processing of your Personal Data;
- Access your Personal Data that we hold, together with the right to have inaccuracies corrected;
- To have your Personal Data delivered to you in a standard electronic format;
- To object to our processing of your Personal Data, and to prevent solely automated decision making or profiling; and
- To restrict our processing of your Personal Data, or have your Personal Data deleted.
3.1 Exercising Your Rights
If you wish to exercise your rights with respect to your Personal Data, you can email your request to email@example.com or send postal mail to:
Attn: StorifyMe Legal Team – Privacy
We will generally respond to your request within 30 days.
If you wish to unsubscribe from an email list, please click the “unsubscribe” link found at the bottom of our emails. If you work for one of StorifyMe’s customers, the best course is to ask the customer to delete your Personal Data. If you want to raise a complaint about the way we process your Personal Data or the way we have handled a request, please contact us. You may file a complaint with the data protection authority of any country where you live or work or where StorifyMe operates.
Product Users can withdraw consent by adjusting their User profile settings in the Products. Please note that the collection, processing, use, sharing, storage, and transfer of your Personal Data may be necessary for you to make use of our services and that StorifyMe customers and Users cannot unsubscribe from important User emails.
4. California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Supplement
- CCPA Consumer Rights
- The right to access, and to know both the categories of personal information and the specific personal information we collect;
- The right to have your personal information deleted, subject to some legal limitations;
- The right to request disclosure of the personal information collected; and
- The right to disclosure of information disclosed for valuable consideration.
- Submitting Requests under CCPA
- California residents may submit requests for information under the CCPA to StorifyMe by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be as specific as possible when you exercise your rights under CCPA and submit a request regarding your personal information. Under the CCPA, we are obligated to verify your identify before we process your request.
- No Discrimination
- StorifyMe will not discriminate against you in pricing, user experience, or any other way for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA.